Friday, November 30, 2007

Enjoy the season

How many of you have started and finished your Christmas shopping? Well, we haven't started. I like to wait until the very last minute so that I can get all stressed out, spend too much money and freak out like all the other procrastinators waiting in line at the post office to mail their packages just days before Christmas morning.

If you are anything like me you are not sitting around twiddling your thumbs to the beat of Jingle Bells and enjoying every sip of mulled cider or hot cocoa. Instead, you are slamming your cup of coffee, half of it dripping down your face, half way out the door.

So what is the point to my rambling, you ask? Well, I am starting my New Year's resolution early. In fact, I am starting it now. I am going to be more organized and less stressed. So, my goal is to finish my shopping this weekend and enjoy the rest of the holiday, appreciating every scent of pine or cranberry, every taste of pumpkin spice and every hug and tug around my waist by my little ones asking for one more toy. I am going to enjoy it all.

No comments: