Wednesday, November 21, 2007

All I want for Christmas Is

Can you believe it is Thanksgiving Day today? I can’t. And I can’t believe I have seen Santa twice already. The first time was just a few days after Halloween. I was charging through the mall when I spied the jolly old man, with his long curly beard, red jumpsuit and stocking hat. He already captured the attention of shoppers and children parading by. Yikes!

I am not ready to start thinking about the holidays. The temperatures are still manageable and the thought of snow, even flurries, makes my knees buckle. Sorry, Santa but I really wish you would go home and return in a few weeks. That is what I wanted to say, but since he is the one who fills the stockings I kept my mouth shut and smiled graciously.

But since you are already here you might as well have my wish list. These are the top ten gift items that all moms need.

1. Gift certificates to Bearclaw coffee
2. A 3-month pass to TreeHouse
3. Gift certificate for a massage
4. Car wash gift card
5. Cinnamon Bark countertop wash by Method
6. Annual pass to the Metro parks
7. The game of Twister
8. Yankee candle in a yummy scent like Banana Bread or Gingerbread
9. Lip plumper gloss by Avon
10. A digital camera to capture all the precious moments of my family.

Here are two bonus ideas since all suggestions are equally important and must remain on the list:

11. For the runner, like me, Nike + iPod Sport Kit
12. For the wine enthusiast the recently released book, “From the Vine: Exploring Michigan Wineries – this book can be purchased at your local book store or on the website www.michiganvine.com.

Whatever you do Santa, please don’t bring me candy. I am still recovering from sugar coma and bloating from Halloween. So, since the day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year, I thought you should know what today‘s mom wants for Christmas.

But don’t feel obligated to buy me anything, of course – all I really need is smiling faces and a lot of lights to surround my big Christmas tree. But, just for the record I have been very good this year.

No comments: