Sunday, September 23, 2007

What was the sweetest thing your child has ever said?

My 3-year-old son has a sweet tooth. He loves juice, candy and cookies; he even likes his fluoride vitamin drops. But, the sweetest thing are the words that come rolling out of his mouth. Some days they aren't so sweet. Some days they are darn right sour - he is in the terrible 3's. But, just the other day, he said something that brought tears to my eyes. Those words are forever embossed in my brain. He said, while we are on a Budget rent-a-car shuttle bus, "Mom, you are my best friend." In the middle of the shuttle bus, he looked up at me, scooted his tush as close to mine as possible and hugged me around the waist. My little boy's voice, sweet and soft, is music to my ears; and, satisfied my sweet tooth for the day.

No comments: