Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Don't Do This At Home

True - All mom's are busy. True - We spend most days cleaning, working, feeding kids, cleaning, again and then it is time for bed. True - We put everyone first. False - There is no pamper time, or "me" time left in the day for mom.

Whatever you do make the time to get your eyebrows waxed, professionally. Do not, under any circumstances, try to do it yourself. If you mess it up, and you will, you will look funny. It could take months for them to regrow. Believe me. I have gone pluck crazy before and the results were devastating. With half an eyebrow people looked at me wondering what was different. I tried to pencil it in, but that made it worse. On another occasion, I tried to trim the length. I brushed my eyebrows up, and with my husband's beard scissors cut away. Despite my best effort, I cut too much and ended up with stubble above my eyes. Again, people looked at me wondering why I looked so weird. Finally, my sister spoke up and said, "Did you give your eyebrows a haircut?"

No comments: