Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Let's Get Physical

I am not going to break out in Olivia Newton John's song from the past, "Let's Get Physical." I am just curious as to what you did today to get physical. Every move counts, you know. Here is what I did:

I chased my dog down the street, in bare feet and in the rain
I chased my son up and down the stairs, bribing him to sit on the potty
I carried my 8-month-old daughter and my 3-year-old son out of the drug store
I tried to teach my son how to ride a bike
I took my dog and my two kids on a jog / walk
I ran out of gas and convinced two guys to push me into a gas station

So, what did you do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shopped, does that count?

Signed: Running to the Mall

Anonymous said...

I know you are a runner. Can you recommend a good running shoe and should walkers wear a different shoe, or does it matter?

Running Mom said...

I can't recommend a running shoe because I do not know what foot type you have. For instance, I have a high arch so I wear a brand called Mizuno's. I went to a local running shop to have my foot properly measured and analyzed since I was experiencing pain on the ball of my foot. The sales associate recomended the Mizuno's for my arch.

If you don't want to go to that much trouble, I always liked New Balance. And, I walk in my running shoes. Keep in mind, though, if you use the same shoes for both activities you may have to buy new running shoes sooner than later. An avid runner should change shoes every few months. I wear my shoes for much longer because I am cheap.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Shopping always counts!